Hi Jean-Marc,

>2010/1/16

> > Take a look at tagstats :
> > tag                                value                        uses
>  node    way
> > building                         collapsed                 1,045   747
>   298
> > earthquake:damage     collapsed_building   1,473   1,465   8
>

> 2010/1/18
> tag                                   value                         uses
> building                            collapsed                  5,214
> earthquake:damage        collapsed_building    3,107

Looks to me that both variants got a huge increase in use over the last 2
days.
So if you want to replace one variant with the other, you end up doing it
constantly,
as users seem to constantly add more collapsed buildings in both variants.

Also it looks like the 'easier' variant is more accepted.

Yes, it is 'ugly' in terms of data quality, but I see no problem so far.

Maybe eventually it gets reasonable to unify those tagging variants, when
the growing rate sinks significantly, but, in the long term the information
will
be removed from OSM anyway.

We can learn from this and do it better the next time.

Regards Micha