Jonas Krückel wrote:
> Am 15.01.2010 um 23:32 schrieb Jean-Marc Liotier:
>
>> Talking about the ITHACA data set... I just took a look at the
>> dedicated Haiti Tagstats and I just found that the import of
>> "earthquake:damage" tags has been done with a value of
>> "collapsed_buiding" that of course should be "collapsed_building" :
>
> I think I've fixed it. Using http://www.petschge.de/osm/fixme_haiti/
> and JOSM. No conflicts when uploading, 14xx objects changed.

Now we have :

tag                     value                   uses
earthquake:damage       collapsed_building      1,499
fixme:building          collapsed               1,492
building                collapsed               787
earthquake_damage       collapsed               2

Time for harmonization ?

"earthquake_damage" should obviously be "earthquake:damage".

"fixme:building=collapsed" looks like it should be
"earthquake:damage=collapsed_building" - but maybe there is a reason for
"fixme" that I'm not aware of.

"earthquake:damage=collapsed_building" is the ITHACA way. Should we
convert all the "building=collapsed" to it ? I would say yes, because
"collapsed" is not a type of building but a building attribute - the
ITHACA way is semantically superior.

If no one is depending on "fixme:building=collapsed" or
"building=collapsed" then I'll convert them. Does the map rendering of
collapsed buildings such as http://zvenzzon.mine.nu:81/map.html
understand "earthquake:damage=collapsed_building" ? Considering the
number of icons represented, it would appear so.