On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:59 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/26/11 07:07, Mike Dupont wrote:
>>
>> If you want to sponsor me a membership than I am willing to speak.
>
> I don't think it would be received well if either an existing board member
> or the OSMF as a whole were to sponsor membership for selected people ;)

So what?  Who cares if it's not "received well"?  There's absolutely
nothing wrong with someone sponsoring membership for someone else, be
that someone another member, a board member, a corporation, a
non-profit, or whatever.  Why would there be?

OSMF as a whole sponsoring membership might be a problem if it wasn't
agreed upon by OSMF as a whole (directly or indirectly), and/or
especially if it was done for reasons other than the best interest of
OSMF as a whole.  But board members don't have to act within the best
interest of OSMF as a whole every time they give a gift to anyone!