On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/8/26 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
>> <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Anthony, can you expand on this, or was it a typo?
>> I can't find a typo.  By "give a gift" I meant give a gift from one's
>> personal resources.  (I didn't mean that they can spend *OSMF* money
>> for personal reasons!)  Does that clarify things?
>
> yes, this clarifies the gift, but still I think that board members
> indeed do have to act within the best interest of OSMF and OSM as a
> whole (whatever this is, asuming good faith).

All the time?

> IMHO if you are a board
> member you can't act as a private individual when it comes to stuff
> concerning the OSMF.

Do you have a basis for that opinion?

"concerning the OSMF" is awfully broad, as is "act as a private
individual".  Are you really suggesting that a board member is acting
other than as a private individual when s/he does something which
affects the OSMF?  Is a board member acting as an agent of the OSMF
every time s/he edits OSM, or throws a mapping party, or lets someone
borrow his computer in order to edit, or drives someone to SOTM?  Or
is there something else this board member is acting as, other than as
a private individual or as an agent of the OSMF?