I wanted to try rendering those crossroad names so I've had a quick
look in Korea, near Seoul and found many nodes with names around
intersecting highways.

Example: http://osm.org/browse/node/414684650

What is the current tagging scheme for crossroad names ? junction=yes ?
Is it used in countries where crossroad names are meaningful and worth
rendering on a map ?

Based on the few data I've looked at, there are nodes with names but
not connected to highways and without any tag allowing to say "this
looks like a crossroad name that I should render".

Rendering anything on a map implies to have a stable tagging scheme,
and have available data using these tags.

It is also true that as long as something is not rendered on most
maps, nobody really care adding that "invisible" information in the
database (chicken and egg problem).
!

Here is a quick and dirty rendering on the junction=yes + name=* tags
that will make visible the 1800+ nodes overpass found mostly in Korea:

http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/?zoom=17&lat=37.40505&lon=127.12573

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France