Andrew Errington wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:16:10 James Mast wrote:
>I'm personally not liking that they now have hidden the long/short links to
>the map location behind buttons.  Instead of just one click to get the map
>location, now it's two clicks and is really annoying and slowing down work
>for me.:(
>
>-James
I miss the zoom slider, and I also agree that permalink should remain "on
top", accessible with one click.  Also, my proposal for including
a "markerlink" has not been taken up.
The links have always had a few ways of picking them up and trying to interpret scale from the scale bar is not as intuitive as the zoom bar. But my problem is using the map now on my Galaxy4 phone. I use landscape and only the top 4 buttons are accessible. But then a lot of applications seem to ignore the problem of smaller rotatable displays :( Sliding the map around conflicts with zooming the screen to SEE the controls!

FORTUNATELY I have my own copy of the older style viewer still running so if people want access contact me off list ;) I'm targeting the UK so including a few more layers

I also didn't see any consultation on this topic.  Just another fait accompli.
I seem to have missed that this was even being discussed so you are not alone!

And there's no attribution.
It would be nice since the other tile layers have attribution that the osm sourced tiles had a similar tag if only to educate users!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL