On Friday 11 February 2005 07:21, Shinobu Kawai wrote:
> "resource files" and "charset" might be your problem.  Do you mean
> your resource files have non-ascii characters in it?  If so, that's
> your problem.  They must be escaped java-wise like "\u1234".
> cf.
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#encoding

Yes, they actually have Greek character so I have saved them in ISO-8859-7

Ok here is what I've done.
I removed the contentType declaration in struts-config.xml
Now, in velocity.properties *if* i put either

"output.encoding=ISO-8859-7"
or
"default.contentType=text/html; charset=ISO-8859-7"

then all data coming from the resource bundles isnt displayed properly (????)

if I remove either declaration in velocity.properties then the data displays
correctly *but* all data (encoded in ISO-8859-7) made available to velocity
via the "request.setAttribute(String, Object)" is displayed as "???".

:S