the heater wire itself could be part of the heat transfer problem.

From: Craig Haynie

The optical imager is typically reading between an 18c and 20c difference.

Craig

Eric Walker wrote:

Interesting.  I hope a post-run calibration shows that when the fuel is
removed, the active and null outside temperatures return to one another to
within experimental uncertainty.  This will be critical to show before
concluding anything.

Eric