From: Jed Rothwell
Slight gain can be a big deal – when it is consistent slight gain.
I would not call that a "slight gain." Many important cold fusion experiments
have produced much smaller gains than that, and far smaller absolute power.

A decent standard for reliable gain would be the Craven’s NI-Week demo. He saw
about the same COP at far less power, at only 80C - and the excess heat was
there for many months. It is a mystery to me why that demo was not expanded or
even replicated.

Perhaps it is a good time to revisit the low-input, high-inventory regime,
possibly using hundreds of grams of reactant instead of grams. The rationale
for using only 2 grams of nickel and .2 grams of LAH has never seemed valid,
since there is little evidence to suggest that the reaction does not scale.