Jed,

According to the reference I have found water vapor and liquid water remain in
combination at a pressure of 15.7902 psi absolute when subject to 102 C.  Since
you and others appear to believe that most of the mass of water going to the
customer equipment is liquid then that would likely be the situation.  The
temperature reading of the combination should be accurate, but the pressure
reading could well indicate 1 atm according to a gauge even though it remains
actually higher.   I suspect that the Bernoulli principle is getting into the
act in this case due to the rapid motion of the fluid.

This situation might explain why the steam is not dry as many would expect.
According to my hypothesis it is extremely wet even at 102 C and subject to a
false gauge pressure reading of 1 atm.

So, Rossi might be right about the gauge reading 0.0 bar while at the same time
I.H. is correct about the true pressure within the stream being at a higher
level.  The proof of this statement requires that we figure out how to properly
apply the Bernoulli principle.  This idea may lead to a blind alley, but it
does seem appropriate.

Dave