You don't need "active feedback." The steam escapes the reactor shortly after being formed

On 8/24/2016 12:33 AM, Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

On 08/24/2016 12:03 AM, David Roberson wrote:
As I have stated, if the steam is truly dry then plenty of power is being supplied to the customer. If the ERV is mistaken that the steam is dry then I.H. is likely correct.

If everyone accepts that the true pressure of the steam is atmospheric while the temperature is 102.8 C then it is dry.

Unless there's some active feedback mechanism keeping the temperature of the effluent between 100 and 103 C, it's hard to believe the effluent is dry steam. The heat capacity of steam is so small compared with the latent heat of vaporization one would expect the temperature of (dry) steam in the closed system to be driven well above boiling -- not just barely over it.

This has been the problem with Rossi's steam demos since the beginning: There is no feedback mechanism to keep the temperature barely above boiling, yet it never goes more than a couple degrees above. Either there's feedback nailing the power output to the level needed to /just exactly/ vaporize the water (with essentially no heat left over to superheat the steam), or there is feedback nailing the water flow rate to the be just fast enough to consume all the heat from the system in vaporizing the water, or there is a miraculous coincidence between the heat produced and the water flow rate.

We /know/ there's no feedback controlling the flow rate, because that was rock steady.

No mention has ever been made of any feedback mechanism fixing the reaction rate to the steam temperature, so short of fantasizing about something Rossi never said he did, we have no reason to believe such a thing exists. In fact we don't even know that the reaction (if there is a reaction) can be controlled with the precision needed to keep the output temperature so close to boiling -- and we also have no reason to believe anyone would even /want/ to do that.

So, the only conclusion that makes sense in this situation is that the "feedback" keeping the temperature almost exactly at boiling is provided by water mixed with the steam, and that consequently the steam must be very wet.

But that is the root of the problem; both parties do not agree that this is true. Only one can be right in this case. Also, there is no law of nature that ensures that what the ERV states is true. He may be confused by the location of gauges, etc.

AA, Engineer48 claims that the pumps are all manually set and not under automatic control according to his picture. If true, that would eliminate the feedback level control that was discussed earlier. It is my opinion that some form of automatic level control is required in order to produce a stable system that prevents liquid filling or dying out of the CATS. This is an important factor that both of the parties should address.

Dave