Stephen you are assuming a design that is far different than Rossi's previous
devices.  For most of the recent demonstrations Rossi had his thermal
generation components contained within a large thinned mass.  The incoming
water essentially fell into a big boxy outer structure and came into contact
with the inner section at a multitude of locations where it extracted heat
through the fins.

You misunderstood my point about immediate boiling.  I just wanted to express
the thought that only a small volume of water would remain in liquid form
within the unit.  Since it is assumed that more heat is generated than needed
to boil all of the water entering, it becomes apparent that the temperature of
the ECAT must rise and not remain at the boiling point.  This increase in
temperature can be detected and therefore a thermal loop can control it.

Also, the vapor can be super heated by the additional hot surface on its way to
the outside port.  And, indeed this is exactly the scenario that could be used
to generate dry steam if properly employed.

So, in my attempt to understand how the gauges might be reading in error I must
assume that the liquid is not being boiled off within each of the 24 or ?
devices, but instead leaves in the liquid form which flashes into a liquid,
vapor combination.  If the complete filling of the ECAT portions by water does
not take place then Jed's position is undermined pretty much as you are
describing.

Dave