From: Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Aug 26, 2016 3:59 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Interesting Steam Calculation

    David, you are doing the equivalent of using a physics model to    predict
whether airplanes should have knocked down the WTC.

    Back in the day, a lot of people slammed FEMA for not doing exactly
that, and for, instead, using a parametrized model to figure out how    the WTC
collapsed.

    In the case of 9/11 they used the parametrized approach because it    was
already screamingly in-your-face obvious that airplanes hit the    buildings
and then they fell down and they were trying to figure out    how, not whether,
they collapsed.

    The same goes here.  From the lack of gigantic heat sinks sticking    out
of the roof of the "customer site", we know beyond a reasonable    doubt that
there was no 1 MW of heat.  So a detailed    analysis of the data should be
directed toward determining how    the heat was faked, not whether the heat was
faked.

    Your approach is to analyse the details in an attempt at determining
whether the heat was faked.  But we already know that.

    It's like you've watched a magician make a woman turn into a tiger,    and
you're trying to analyze everything you saw him do while he was    on stage in
an effort to determine whether she really turned      into a tiger.  Seriously,
that's not going to lead to anything    of much value.  Trying to figure out
how he faked it would    be a lot more useful.