I have been pursuing my model as to how Rossi might be able to show gauge
readings that imply that 1 MW of steam is being delivered while not being an
accurate assessment of the real power.

I assumed that the information published by Engineer48 in E-CATWORLD.com is
accurate.  Here he reads the pump front panel values for 24 total devices which
indicate green condition.  The green suggests that the devices are operating
exactly as programmed and delivering .115 kg/second of coolant to the ECAT
series.

In my model I assume that the interior of each of the individual ECATs is
heated to 130 C by the heating mechanism.  This liquid water then exits each
ECAT through a restrictive opening that allows a portion of the liquid to flash
into vapor after exiting.  I chose this scheme because there does not appear to
be any form of active water level control for each device.  This also allows
some form of active feedback to regulate the temperature since liquid is the
only phase contained within the heating region.

Under those conditions, the power being delivered is approximately 30.1 kW if
the temperature of the returned coolant is 68 C.  The temperature of the
flashed liquid vapor combination is approximately at 102 C according to
reports, but this actual temperature can vary depending upon the actual
pressure present at its measurement point.  Also, a pump can be placed after
the condenser system which allows the pressure at Rossi's device to be at or
even below atmospheric pressure if desired.  This appears to hang up some
vorts, but it should not be claimed that the pressure must be above atmospheric
when that is not necessary.

Then I decided to see if Bernoulli's principle could be applied to this
situation in a manner that might help explain why gauges might show confusing,
conflicting readings.  This seems to be possible provided the pipe inside
diameter used to carry the steam away from Rossi's system is 2 cm or less.  If
that pipe is 4 cm, then Bernoulli can not offer much help in this particular
scenario.  For example, I calculated that a temperature difference of 1.75 C
would exist between the stationary steam mixture and the steam moving through
that 2 cm diameter pipe at a velocity of 34.9 m/s.  The temperature estimate is
based upon the pressure drop using Bernoulli's equation.

This series of calculations are interesting but not definitive.  For instance,
where is the pressure gauge located relative to the temperature gauge?  If they
are co located then the Bernoulli effect would not be significant.  Even though
1.75 C degrees is a significant amount of temperature increase, it still would
not be enough to fill the entire gap between the litigating parties.  And, of
course how large is the inner diameter of the actual connecting pipe?  My bet
is that they use at least a 4 cm diameter product which would drop the
calculated value very significantly.

At this point all I can say is that we need more data before we can prove that
Rossi is not being truthfully.  It is not easy to come up with a scientific
explanation as to how people could be observing the demonstration, while
reading the important metering and not throwing up their hands in great protest
if a scam is being conducted.  There is plenty of reason to suspect fraud, but
to prove how it is taking place is not easy.

Every magic trick that I have seen has a clear scientific explanation as to how
it is conducted.

Dave