The so called Erosion phenomenon was discovered in a series of electrolytic
experiments marked by unexplained changes in a pool of cooling water
outside of the catalytic cell. After 40 minutes of electrolytic cell
operation, water on the tungsten anode side of the cooling vessel started
losing its transparency.

Water on the stainless steel cathode of the pool of cooling water remained
transparent, at the same 40 C temperature. A sample of bubbly water,
removed from the anode side, was tested for induced gamma radioactivity. No
such radioactivity was found in it; the sample became transparent after 24
hours. Attempts to reproduce the long-term loss of cooling water
transparency with other electrolytes, and under different electrical
discharge conditions, were not successful. But the effect was highly
reproducible when experimenting with the tungsten-anode electrolytic cell
and the 7 M KF electrolyte containing 50% of heavy water.

[image: 341fig1.jpg]

That cooling water on the outside of the electrolytic cell's glass reactor
shell at the right side (see Figure 1) is close to the anode while cooling
water on the left side is close to the cathode. The disappearance of
bubbles, after the electrolysis, was very slow (half-life of about 10 hrs).
Attempts to explain the phenomenon in terms of cavitation, and other
ultrasonic effects, were not successful. The only satisfactory explanation
was possible within the framework of the erzion model. Authors believe that
bubbles are produced through the action of neutral Erzions.

Reference:

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/JMP20100400005_87444817.pdf

Study of the Electric Explosion of Titanium Foils in

Uranium Salts

One of the pivotal insight provided by Leonid I. Urutskoev in this study of
the nature of the LENR reaction is that transmutation occurs at a distance
and at a latter time from the source of the LENR reaction.

Conclusions

The key experimental results presented in this paper can

be summarized as follows.

1) The electric explosion of a titanium foil in an uranyl

salt entailed a marked distortion of the initial U isotope

distribution in the solution. The “lower” sample ( ~ 2-3

cm3) shows depletion in 235U (Rlw = 0.94  0.01), while

the “upper” sample ( ~ 10 cm3) shows a more pronounced

enrichment (Rup = 1.18  0.07).

2) The processes initiated by the electric explosion result

in a decrease in the specific concentrations of both U

isotopes but the 238U concentration decreases to a larger

extent, giving rise to “enrichment effect”.

3) At the instant of electric explosion, no induced uranium

fission is observed and no fission neutrons are detected.

4) Within 1-3 ms after the end of current pulse, gas

counters filled with 3He detected some signals having, in

all probability, electromagnetic origin.

5) At the instant of electric explosion, the 234Th secular

equilibrium in the uranyl solution was disturbed. The

most pronounced disturbance of the secular equilibrium

was observed in “lower” samples, and subsequently the

equilibrium was restored with the period T = 24.5 days.

In the “upper” samples, the 234Th equilibrium was disturbed

to a much lesser extent and the time variation was

almost missing.

6) In some experiments, -measurements of the “upper”

samples revealed disturbance of the equilibrium

between the 234Th 92.5 keV doublet and the 1001 keV

-line of its daughter product, 234mPa, i.e. within the

proper thorium decay chain.

As posited by Holmlid, LENR produces muons. This particles are highly
penetrating and will induce nuclear reactions at a distance and delayed in
time from the point of their creation. The bubbles in the Erzion phenomenon
are likely helium bubbles produced by muon catalyzed fusion. Erzions are
really muons that produce delayed nuclear reactions at a distance from
their point of creation.

The lack of gamma radiation might be explained through the entangled
connection between the muons and the source of their creation. Energy
produced by the muon induced nuclear reaction is transported back to the
source of the LENR reaction.

The Erzion experiment can be used to experimentally analyze the nature of
the LENR reaction in great detail by placing various types of shielding
between the LENR reaction and the bubble formation. The role of distance
between the muon source might be determined and muon detectors might be
used in the experiments.