> From: Craig Haynie
>> From Jed Rothwell
>> The URL is difficult to enter, and the article is
>> short and mainly quotes, so I will take the liberty of
>> uploading it. As Chris Zell says, it is sadly defeatist.

> If they are honest conclusions, then how can they be
> considered 'defeatist'?
> That word implies a preconceived conclusion.
>
>Craig Haynie (Houston)

It is extremely "defeatist" due to the perceived conclusions they offer. Specifically, they express a perceived conclusion that there ain't no real substitute available now or in the foreseeable future that has the capacity to replace the petroleum products they want to continue selling to the world.

How convenient for them. It will be business as usual, or so they hope.

It's an even sadder state of affairs if they really are "honest conclusions." "Interdependence?" What the hell does that mean? I think it translates to: Petroleum prices will continue to increase, so there is no need for oil companies to squabble competitively with each other over kitchen scraps. There is enough food strewn on the floor to make the entire pack fat and happy - "interdependently".

It's a paradigm issue. It's not within their paradigm to even consider the possibility that alternative forms of energy, i.e. CF, ZPE technology, or perhaps energy derived from the shrinking of those controversial little hydrinos could possibly enter into the equation and upset their predictably safe and ordered view of the world.

After all, sticking it to the customer as worked so well in the past!

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com