I have a question about things that rotate:  Is it meaningful to speak of
"resonance" when something is rotating in only one direction (Clockwise,
for example)?  When I think of "resonance", I think of a guitar string
vibrating back and forth, or a parallel LC circuit, with the current
flowing back and forth.  In both cases, the stuff is moving first one way,
then the other.  We can talk about how many "back and forths" it makes in a
given amount of time.  But what if you are spinning a flywheel in just one
direction?  Is there some particular angular frequency which is
special, based upon other parameters of the system (maybe the flywheel's
mass)?  I don't think I'd call it a "resonant frequency", but I would call
it something.  I mean, is there a particular diameter or rate of rotation
at which a tornado can form and be stable -- any slower or faster and it
would fly apart?  It sounds like that is what you are getting at with the
electron, Andrew.

An old mechanic I used to live with said something to me once to this
effect:  That there was a particular RPM of the flywheel in an engine at
which it was "resonant".  That the engine and transmission worked best and
were happiest when the flywheel was rotating around this particular RPM.