This sounds like an example of the whirling of shafts

"Whirling of shafts occurs due to *rotational imbalance of a shaft*, even
in the absence of external loads, which causes resonance to occur at
certain speeds, known as critical speeds."
Large electricity generating turbines have to be taken quickly
through these critical speeds on start up.