Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

They said they emphasized their own work because they understood their own work best, and they could discuss it in depth with the panel without fear of making a mistake or misrepresenting the work. That seems sensible to me.

Sensible and very wrong. There is another reason to discuss your own work. It's your work, you are close to it, you think it's important. And your judgment about that might well be clouded. The big lacuna is Miles, of course, very old evidence, and heavily verified.

They made a big deal about Miles! Right there in section 3. They didn't ignore other people's work, especially not his. They emphasized their own work, but they commented on many others.

I wasn't there. I don't know what the presentations were like. But McKubre is an accomplished lecturer. I have transcribed his talks and published them pretty much verbatim, as papers. Hagelstein is pretty good too. The paper they presented makes things quite clear. It as edited, improved and commented upon by many people before the presentation, including me. It was not dashed off in a rush. Some of the panel members understood the issues perfectly well. If the others did not, I suppose they were not paying attention or thinking things through. I doubt it was the fault of the people making presentations.