At 09:35 PM 11/25/2009, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

I think this article deserves a closer look. It relies heavily on Simon, a very good source.

I loath Simon's book. Hate it, hate it, hate it! He looks at people's opinions and counts papers instead of evaluating calorimetry.

Simon is a *sociologist,* Jed, not a chemist or physicist. Opinions (especially collective opinions) and process are what the book is about, not "cold fusion." Or calorimetry.

Meta-analyses are mostly bunk, and they are complete bunk when the experimental evidence itself is clear cut, and in some cases a single experiment produces definitive, stand alone proof. Simon reminds me of Lord Dorwin in Foundation [...]

You expect Simon to be about a different topic.

The people who criticize the press conference are hypocritical or ignorant.

Hmmphhh! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, Jed.

Is it your position, Jed, that the press conference was beyond any reproach? Not a mistake? Leave aside for the moment whose mistake it might have been, I haven't accused Fleischmann or Pons of anything.