Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

Have you read nothing of how psychics operate?

Actually, I have read a lot about that, possibly more than Yugo has. I have
also read about stage magicians. In both cases their methods could not
begin to fool anyone looking inside a fake cold fusion device. Any engineer
or scientist would see the method at a glance. It is not possible to hide a
source of energy on this scale. The components are macroscopic and
instantly identifiable.

>   Not all that Randi has written was of no value, you know.

I have corresponded with Randi directly, and I saw his recent video.
Nothing he says about cold fusion has any merit. He knows nothing about
this subject.

> Having the equipment just happen to not work when there happens to be
> someone on hand who's equipped to perform what might really be a rigorous
> test, rather than a friendly oh-sure-that-seems-good-enough sort of test,
> is *not* a sign of honesty.

Ampenergo supplied and operated all of the equipment in these tests, as did
other people in other tests that have not been made public. They decided
the method. Rossi only operated the machine. The mystery customer on
October 28 also supplied and operated all of the test equipment.