Once again, I hesistate to respond to you cause that will cause people to roundly criticize me for starting a long off-topic thread. You bring up several points that need a response, to set your fallacies straight. Can you suggest a forum where we can do this? Let me know and I'll show up.

Otherwise, there is nothing much I am willing to do in this forum.

Jojo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Abd ul-Rahman Lomax" <a...@lomaxdesign.com>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>; <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Darwinian Evolution (Was Tritium in Ni-H LENR)

At 09:11 AM 5/27/2012, Jojo Jaro wrote:
I am unsure about your point or what you are asking.

What exactly is your discussion point or what exactly is your question?

Of course,there are strong inference. For example, if you find the presence of Information in DNA, that is an inference for Intelligent Designer, not Darwinian Evolution based on randon chance mutations. Random processes never create Information, because information is "Order", the exact opposite of Randomness.

The conclusion is being assumed. It is easy to demonstrate information in random output with or without output selection. "Information" is not defined here, and I suspect that the undisclosed definition again incorporates the conclusions.

There is order in the non-living, presumably mechanistic, universe, by any reasonable definition of order. We associate very high levels of order with life, normally, for life organizes material, it can be one of the definitions of life.

For instance, the assembling of random letters into a coherent sentence requires the input of an Intelligent being.

Easy to demonstrate otherwise. Make a random sequence generator, then select the output which makes sense. Humans actually do this detection well, almost too well, sometimes, we will indeed "make sense" of random combinations. And then people will insist that the sense that they make from this stuff is "intended," a "code" that proves something or other. Like that the Torah is from God ("Torah Code") or the Qur'an from Allah ("The Miracle of the Nineteen.")

Gambler's Fallacy is a phenomenon related to this.

If your throw a bunch of Scrabble letters on the ground, the following 2 sentences have equal chance of occuring.

"There is a God"

"ethresi da Go" - (No, this is not a foreign language. This is a random mixture of the same letters above.)

Yes. But if you have a Scrabble set tossed to make random words, but you have a setup which rejects what is not in a dictionary, the second set is impossible, it will not be kept. There is *not* an equal chance as you assume.

The genetic code is not randomly mutated, in the sense you think. Many mutations would result in copying failure, for starters. Many more mutations would result in organism failure. In complex organisms, many more mutations would not be viable. Even more might be temporarily viable, but would not survive to reproduce. Or might only last a few generations, either by accident or because of loss of survivability.

And many mutations are irrelevant, have no effect on the function of the DNA, so the DNA behind a particular functional part of an organism is, in fact, a family of patterns, not a single one.

That "junk DNA" can be mutations waiting to become, through some further process, something active. It might represent something that was active in the past but which is no longer active, that mutated out of activity but caused no damage because any necessary function was also carried elsewhere.

This is all just how DNA functions. It proves nothing about "creation" one way or another. What is the real issue here?

What is the difference between the 2 sentences above. Nothing as far as randon chance is concerned.

The first sentence *might* have been created by random chance and, in fact, I could demonstrate this if I thought it were important. The key is that I'd set up an algorithm using random letter selection. "There is a God" is short enough that I could get this result with fairly little computer time, and that's why web sites advise more complex passwords!

What you have shown, Jojo, is that your own selection process is not "random chance." This proves?

It *certainly* does not prove that random chance cannot produce sensible words, but you seem to think so, which demonstrates what?

Are you familiar with the Torah Code? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code

Yet for an Intelligent Entity, there is a huge difference.

Sure. That is, to an Intelligent Entity, which you assume yourself to be, of limited intelligence. A *huge* difference. Which the intelligent entity made up. That's what intelligent entities, in fact, do, they make up meaning. It's a useful process, often. Not always. Gambler's Fallacy.

What differentiates the 2 sentences?  It is Information of course.

That's debatable. What information? What I see in the first sentence is grammatically correct, but "information" is actually supplied by the reader. You *say* that the second sentence is not a foreign language, but that is your *assumption.*

In the end, both sentences are assemblages of letters, and whether or not they mean something is dependent upon the *reader* -- or reading device.

What is *meant* by "God"? Indeed, what is "meant" by any of the words, most especially "is"? Is what, is where, is how? All these are supplied by the reader, in "making sense" of the sentence. You may say that there is an *intended* meaning, which *assumes* an author, someone with the intention. But two people saying that same sentence may intend quite different meanings. You are imagining that there is one. Your meaning.

And then someone else says "There is no god." And you might imagine, then, that this is contradictory to your sentence and your sentence, and, gain, you would be making this up.

There is no *intrinsic contradiction*, and I'll demonstrate this by pointing out that "There is no god" is the preface to the affirmation of faith in Islam, "There is no god, but the God." It's usually stated as "but Allah," but "Allah," very likely, merely is "god" with the definite article, "the," i.e., a *specified* object of the appelation, implying unity. "Al-ilah," contracted. "god" in the first half is "ilah."

And when we look underneath that, it is all an affirmation of unity, since "God" is equivalent, at least in Islamic theology, to "Reality." There is only one reality. You might well disagree, or not. Do you agree or disagree?

We make up our own agreement and disagreement. None of this exists in reality, which is not captured by words.

There is information in the first sentence that conveys an idea? And Ideas are the purvue of Intelligent Beings.

Again, you are assuming the conclusion. Can you see that?

Now, do this with 4 letters and create a sentence 600,000 letters long; you might begin to understand the complexity and the remarkable presence of Information in our DNA.

The information is supplied by the reader, the reader is the cellular process that reads the DNA and creates proteins according to the patterns, and the living thing behaves according to those proteins, as well as a whole other level of "information," for humans and some other living things that can learn, as most animals can. DNA is, in fact, only part of the cellular process.

There is no doubt that life is complex, though "complex" is a human interpretation. It's possible to create measures of complexity, but they are somewhat arbitrary.

Jojo, you are presenting assumptions as if they were a logical proof. You will not convince *anyone* with this. Why are you pushing it here?