@Chuck: Thanks for confirming the bending of the coin.
@all: I am interested, not to replicated this experiment in the first
place, but because I observe 2 things:

1) Bending a constantaan coin will cause cracks in the metal lattice.
2) Using borax, there is a fair chance that this will create a transparant
layer on the coin. A patent of Celani , published in Feb 2011 describes a
process to enhance Hydrogen absorbtion of nickel nano structures by
performing 2 steps: a) oxidize the surface of nickel, b) dip it in a
silicate solution and bake it. The silicate layer seems similar to the
borax layer you might get on the coin in the 'Chuck experiment'.

I've looked into the manufacturing of 'ordinary' Nickel nano powders. This
is mostly done via an electrochemical process, causing good crystal
structures in the metal lattices of the nano particles.
Earlier last week, Rossi expressed that his catalyst is not a chemical
one'.
This suggests to me that the pre-processing of the nickel power could be
something else: crunching it, to break the lattice structures in the
particles.
It's just a thought, no scientific arguments, I know.

Link to the Celani patent:
http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2011016014&recNum=221&docAn=IB2010053585&queryString=(ET/nano)%20&maxRec=1293