On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Roarty, Francis X <
francis.x.roa...@lmco.com> wrote:

 How about a Hoffman tube to capture the hydrogen and a wall mart aerator
> for a fish tank to circulate it back up thru the electrolyte – the excess
> would escape but pure hydrogen could be obtained from a small plastic tube
> stuck up inside at the top of the Hoffman tube running down to a circulator
> pump - if we are trying to load something with hydrogen then anything that
> increases the hydrogen crossing the surface areas of the lattice should be
> a plus?

Those sound like good choices.  Ideally the components would be something
you could buy at Walmart and Radio Shack for under 50 dollars each.  There
is a group of crazy musicians that try to make music using old 8-bit
processors; the challenge here would be a similar one.

If a reproducible lo-fi protocol could be worked out, someone could write
to Nathan Lewis and say, "we took a look at your objections in 1989 to the
calorimetry and think we might have found a way around some of the
difficulties ..."

Eric