Why would you think that these guys have better capability than the IPCC group
that predicts far less sea level rise?  Do they have some magic dust or a new
improved crystal ball?

On occasions a new concept is revealed which no one previously thought of that
results in enormous change.  I am not one to say that what you suggest is not
possible, but I would put a large bet on the likelihood that it will not come
about.   We need to think through circumstances and not jump like scared
rabbits at every broken twig.  OK, I admit that the climate change might not be
linear as you point out.  So, when will we begin to see these effects to such a
degree that it will become obvious?  If we must wait 50 years, then the rate of
change required becomes far more difficult to believe.

Also, you make a comparison that is nonsense.  It takes time to melt ice as
well as a lot of energy.  Have you looked at the temperature in Antarctica
recently?  I suggest you make a summer visit to the interior and take off your
coat for a while if you want to see how quick the ice is going to melt.  Now,
where is the extra energy coming from that is going to turn this ice into
water?

The task that these guys have taken upon themselves is miles above their heads.
 Did you carefully read the article and find an out just in case their theory
is not accurate?  That type of nonsense is typical of the propaganda being
spewed by folks with an agenda of some kind.   We are not required to take
seriously every statement made by every researcher Jed as that is the best
recipe I know of leading to paralysis due to overload of your mind.  Nothing
would ever be accomplished if intelligent people are incapable of making
decisions as to what they think has credibility and what does not.  The burden
is upon the ones that make such fantastic claims to prove that they are right,
until that time we are under no obligation.

Dave