And then there is a class of non-paid sycophant apologists that make it
their business to curry favor with the gatekeepers. They divine what the
hierarchy wants and proceed to do their best to impress the powers that be.
They want to be like them; like a kid who wants to be “Babe" Ruth so they
mimic all the moves and the attitudes that might reflect on their dreams of
glory and approval through doleful imitation. They lack any original ideas
and wallow in a quagmire of recrimination hoping to climb the ladder of
crony acknowledgment.

This pathetic ecosystem is the sad state  plaguing scientific politics;
This horror is what LENR must face.