When I had a look at the tracks that were present on the samples that Mark showed us, I was left with the clear impression that what was going on was not simply ballistic. It did not look as if the cavitation bubble shot out a lump of something that gouged its way along the surface of the metal, the tracks were too even across the length. It was almost as if the cavitation bubble initiated some kind of LENR event that continued as the vortex (or whatever) passed along the surface, giving it a continuing and consistent source of energy. The vortex theory may possibly support this. It seemed unlikely that it was a highly columnated source of energetic particles/radiation from the bubble because many of the tracks are not straight, which also suggests that it was not a simple ballistic event.