Hi,
[snip]
>On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  How much energy does it take to make TETA?  Its an old radioactive
>> chelating agent and not cheap used in decontamination.  However, it
>> production costs may have improved since the time we used it
>>

>US $20-22 / *Liter* *( FOB Price)*
>800 Liters *(Min. Order)*
>
>The economic flaw in this system is the cost of the consumables.

I wonder if they have taken into account all possible sources of energy in the
system? The temperatures available during cavitation would likely catalyze any
chemical reaction that was energetically possible, and then there is the energy
from ultrasound generators etc. as well.
I don't expect that the latter would contribute much, however the chemical
energy could be considerable. I would like to see a proper accounting,
especially given the claim that they can get 1 kg H2 from 1 kg H2O. That claim
is most likely a simple mistake, but might be true if the Hydrogen is also
coming from other chemicals in the mix.
In order for it to be true for only water, they would have to be converting all
the Oxygen into Hydrogen too, which apparently is what they believe is
happening. If so, then they are being extraordinarily wasteful. In order to
split Oxygen into Hydrogen you need to supply roughly the binding energy of
Oxygen which is about 127,000,000 eV. Having spent 127,000,000 eV converting
Oxygen into Hydrogen, they then get back about 12 eV in chemical energy, when
the Hydrogen is burnt using atmospheric oxygen, about 1 part in 10 million of
the energy input. They might do better to find a means of tapping the original
energy source more directly. ;)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk