Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> John – if COP of 6-10 is seen over an extended time period, much of the
> mainstream physics community will go into full apoplectic and anaphylactic
> shock. It may never recover from the embarrassment.

I do not think the COP will make any difference. I do not think this report
will have any effect on the scientific establishment, unless it is
published in Nature. I am pretty sure it will not be in Nature!

However, I think it may have a positive impact. It may shake loose more
funding for the research. Funding is what we need most at this stage. Even
more than recognition. Of course, with recognition would come funding, but
also opposition which we do not need.

If word gets out that cold fusion is now attracting tens of millions in
research funding, then most of the academic opposition will vanish
overnight. Researchers everywhere will be applying for grants to study it.
As Stan Szpak says, "scientists believe whatever you pay them to believe."