On 19 Mar 2004, at 01:24, Jeremy Flint wrote:

I do believe that he said "officially", not really speaking for himself,
but for the CSS community that supported that method as a whole.

It was just a turn of phrase - using the language of specs and such like (and yes he did say those exact words), but really what he was saying was this:

"As of this day, I'm no longer gonna push FIR because frankly we opened a can of worms ... unless someone can figure a way to get those worms back in that can."

Actually, it's probably better what he said ;-)

Ian Lloyd
WEB: http://www.ian-lloyd.com/  |  AIM: uklloydi
Round-the-World trip blog: http://ianandmanda.typepad.com/

--
Disclaimer: I am currently travelling and connect to the Internet sporadically. As such, much of what I write offline may be days (or more) old when it gets sent, hence the content may have been superceded by other people's emails.