At 04:07 PM 2005-10-23, Chris Lott wrote:
Backchannel, someone mentioned Flock as one of those projects. I
wonder if the real frontier doesn't lie a but more removed... for
instance, some kind of shared schema for social bookmarking that would
allow the services to interact. Maybe what we need most is a bookmarks
version of RSS that everyone could more easily tap into so the whole
space could explode.

del.icio.us already has RSS feeds. I aggregate them with other social bookmark sites; I use Omea for an aggregator. My company has an internal social bookmarking service based on Scuttle. It is useful for bookmarking links that are not appropriate to put on del.icio.us.

Folks in the Atom community are talking about "profiles" [1].
Perhaps an Atom profile could be defined for social bookmarking sites.

[1]  http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg17381.html

Paul