On Sep 21, 2016, at 4:44 PM, Chuck Miller wrote:

> What I did to solve this problem is to but VM ware (You can use parallels)
> and install 10.6.8 server. Cost was about 20 bucks). I believe newer versions
> of OS can be virtualized without using server but do not know how.
>
> I am running 10.11.6 on my laptop and VM works great

Hi Chuck,

I’m already doing that with Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 running under Parallels so I
can still open the rare 4D 2004 databases. And you are right, it works just
great.

I had not considered doing this with 10.9. Quick Google search makes it appear
this can be done very easily and without the need for 10.9 Server. This could
be a good solution. Humm…

http://kb.parallels.com/en/118806

Tim

Tim Nevels