> I think that what 4D did to use JSON for complex data types is kind of a
great idea. Bravo. But let's not think for a minute that
> these are "Objects" in any interesting or meaningful sense of the word.
*Nothing* has been added to the language or compiler to
> assist with custom types, we don't have closures ("lamda functions"),
there's no object levels of scope, and no object methods.
> So, they're structured text with benefits, that's it.

Rob Laveaux just posted me a note about some imprecisions in my comments
above. (Importantly, to remember that the C_OBJECT representation as JSON
is just that - a serialization of a more efficient underlying data
structure.)  I'm hoping that he'll make some comments here as it's always
good to get Rob's perspective and knowledge on the list.