> I wonder about a so obvious vote system than a tech tip is necessary to
explain how it works.

Easy: Documentation is the go to patch for software with usability problems.

About a zillion years I went to a conference and Jakob Nielson gave a 4
hour speech. This was when he was first building his brand. He displayed a
photograph of a busy street scene and said "find the tiger." No one could
see it. Even after a few minutes. Then he took out a laser pointer and lit
up a bit of the photograph where there was a tiger on a billboard. It
wasn't hidden, it wasn't small, it wasn't at all easy to spot. But once you
had see it, there was no way to "unsee it". You knew where it was.

His point was about basic human cognition (usability is an application of
cognitive psychology and many methods are shared.) A side point was about
the difference between "intuitive" and "learnable."

Once you know where the voting feature is on the Forums, there's very
little chance that you will forget. Before that, it's very easy to miss. I
didn't even know if it *was* a feature, of it it was more about the length
of the threads. The screens on the forums are...busy. (There's no way I'm
going to try that search system, for example.) It took me over  a week to
sort out how to make text bold. I have avoided the forums for years because of
problems with basic functionality and usability. I've started using them a
bit, but I still find it a struggle to figure out how to start a thread.

So now you know why the tech tip that Tim kindly pointed out was necessary.