I guess you’re wright, Pat.

As Kirk mentions, the question is when the license is released. I’m afraid this
is only when a user logs out, but I haven’t tested it.

I try not to use too much stored procedures on 4D server, though.
I did this when an application of mine was deployed the first time at the
customers site, and it caused 4D server to crash frequently.
I was loading emails using POP3  through stored procedures and creating 4D
Write documents.

I solved this by running a 4D client on the same machine as where 4D server was
running on. This 4D client does all the processing necessary, including
fetching e-mail every minute.
It has been very stable since (99% up time).

I insist with the customers to add an additional 4D client license + an
additional 4D Write license for that 4D client on the server. There isn’t a
single client who refused.

Regards,

Rudy Mortier
Two Way Communications bvba