Hi Alex,

That is indeed what ARIA has as the HTML AAM points to that mapping in ARIA
Core: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-figure

and the HTML AAM points to it. So, for the figure role we are all set.

Is that currently implemented in Firefox when you an element with
role=“figure”? … ROLE_SYSTEM_GROUPING and xml-roles:figure object attribute.

If you do already, I will work with Windows ATVs to start supporting it on
Windows. Please map that for for SVG elements when it is applied as well. Then
we can discuss their participating in a list of figures in ATVs as part of the
AT UIs.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger