Hi,
First of all; thanks a lot everyone for the help as well as all the
information you guys provided. I shall reply to everyone here
collectively.
Udit, I actually chose SBI bank because I did not really see any
discounts  on online shopping sites like amazon or flipcart for it
whereas SBI does get those offers sometimes. Should I go for Union
instead? I looked into private banks as well but the fixed deposits
required there were pritty high. Is it better to have an account in  a
government bank for instance union rather than private ones like HDFC
if we are not employed and are a student?
Harshit, I shall try to get the branch name and code along with the
name of the bank employee, because I do not currently remember it.
Bhawani, I did not understand what you were trying to say in your
second message. Do you mean to say that I should apply online for an
account in the bank and then see whether they reject it or not? Will
creating an account online work if we do not want to do so offline?
After looking at the Master Circular updated as on 01st October 2018,
I found the following statements in section 2(1)(A):
iv) If a Blind / visually challenged person is illiterate, or literate
but unable to sign uniformly, his thumb impression should be obtained
as a rule on the account opening form, pay-in slips and the withdrawal
order forms and all the other precautions prescribed for the opening
and conduct of accounts of illiterate depositors will be followed.
v) However, if a Blind / visually challenged person is literate and he
is in a position to sign uniformly, he may put his signature on the

--
Thanks/regards: Vaibhav Bhandari