Hi all,
I kindly request you all to approach RBI Ombudsman through email id
c...@rbi.org.in or through website https://cms.rbi.org.in if any
visually impaired person is being denied any banking facility just
because of disability. It is also a gentle reminder that in complaint
to RBI Ombudsman, include evidence of having made complaint to the
Bank before approaching RBI. It is also humbly clarified that visually
impaired persons with thumb impression can always get cheque book and
ATM card. Please refer to para 9 and 10 of Master circular on customer
service in Banks dated 1st July 2015 and Banking facilities for senior
citizens and differently abled persons dated 9th November 2017.

Vaibhav, if you can provide me branch name off the list, I may be able
to get your issue resolved promptly. You can also vehemently tell SBI
that almost all of visually impaired employees of SBI are using
internet banking facility since long. Non-compliance will compell you
to make a complaint to chair...@sbi.co.in

Regards
Harshit Lohia

--