---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rajesh kumar <raajj...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 23:51:12 +0530
Subject: Re: [jnuvision] Re: [AI] Protest against promised ordinance
to clear RPD Bill at AICC Office today
To: jnuvis...@yahoogroups.com
Cc: abid...@gmail.com, "AccessIndia: a list for discussing
accessibility and issues concerning the disabled."
<accessindia@accessindia.org.in>, "santoshkumar.rungta"
<santoshkumar.run...@gmail.com>, disability-studies-india
<disability-studies-in...@googlegroups.com>, sayeverything
<sayeveryth...@sayeverything.org>

Abidijee, I am sorry to say that over the last month, your observable
behaviour with regard to RPD Bill is deeply regrettable. It is not in
conformity with ethics, politics or academics of disability. You must
be aware that almost all expert opinion that emerged in response to
your push to the RPD Bill is against you. Any sensible and honourable
person by this time would have a taken a deep breath and sit back, but
you are the one who is still committed to waste time of others and the
fact is that your position, your reasoning and your Bill if it is
yours - all are deeply flawed. I think enough is enough. you need to
come out absolutely clear on the introduced Bill saying, according to
me, that the Bill is deeply flawed and you are apologetic to provide
push to its passage. It does not make any sense that I am niether
against the promulgation of ordinance nor fore it. You are on your own
admission the part of the Lok Sansad. Any delegation that goes for the
promulgation of ordinance for other Bills, would you not go as its
member? If yes, mixing is bound to happen and you are required to
inspire confidence among your critics that you are not at all up to
something that you have been up to over the last month. The reason is
that your Bill was not taken up for passage, because the necessary
consensus to pass it on voice vote was absent on the floor of the
Rajya Sabha. Let me quote Smt. Kanimozhi to you who said on the floor
of the House while opposing the passage of the Bill: "We have a strong
objection to The Disabilities Bill. We wanted it to be sent to the
Standing Committee. We will not allow it to be taken up today. Do you
think that these are normal and ordinary words. I have heard that you
have been a journalist. If this is correct, you must have the ability
to discern the strength and intensity of words and language and if
that is so, as a person with dignity, you must not let the mixing
happen. You are required to respect the dignity of the House. In your
frenzy of trying to push us down the slippery slope, you can't compel
the government to commit the contempt of the legislature.