We also usually install a second duct on all major routes.

Chuck, with your long career, I assume that you've had a few cases where
direct burial took a long time/difficulties to fix?

Now working in the long-distance/underground industry, doing all the
planning and permitting, I've seen our guys pull up things -  including a
boulder the size of a car - from the ground so that they could get that
conduit through.