I haven't tried any of the conversion kits, but the thing that concerns me
is that I've tried pulling the back piece off a couple Rocket dishes that
had been pulled from towers, and the screws were all too crusty to get out
- even on the ground, so I can't imagine that being too easy working on a
tower.

That said, I did try taking apart a new/unused feedhorn, and it didn't seem
to be an issue, so it might be fine on the newer ones with the plastic
cover over the back...