We looked at visp (who seemed awesome), ended up using whmcs with radius
(since we do a decent amount of web hosting) and it's been great. Keeping
an eye on Sonar though, it looks very promising.

On Sep 16, 2016 7:35 AM, "Tim Reichhart" <timreichh...@hometowncable.net>
wrote:

You can also check out Iwisp.gr that is what I am using.

------------------------------
-----Original Message-----
From: "Cassidy B. Larson" <c...@infowest.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Date: 09/16/16 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Billing system survey rehash

We have been using Platypus for the past 16 years.  It hasn't changed much
in all that time.
Client is still windows-only based. Still runs on SQL server.  There's an
API exposed now, but it's still clunky.  I don't want to run a VM just for
Platypus! Give me a web client!

We've wanted to change for years, but Powercode never ticked all the right
boxes for me. I'm a UI snob and want something that looks like it had some
time put into the user interface.
For me, Powercode felt like it was still using the same design from the
early days and they were just hacking in features on the same backend code.
Every year at wispapalooza we'd walk the floor, seeing what billing systems
were out there.. hoping and praying something better was coming around but
never found anything until Sonar started development.

Sonar looks to be built with Web 3.0 (is that a thing now?) in mind.  I've
been eagerly awaiting their features being pushed out each month so we can
finally bite the bullet and migrate.
They expose web hooks, publish their APIs and all the methods you can use
to integrate with your own systems (critical to us). Integrations with
Slack for ticketing is a big plus.
We're finally excited again about a billing system and I'm planning on
converting by end of year.

We've had demo's from all the ones you've listed.  Most wouldn't scale to
what we needed. I think one had Java client (ugh).

I suggest checking out Sonar.. it's how a billing system in 2016 should
look, operate and perform.