You know the developer of Sonar, cannot go wrong with him.

From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 5:46 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Billing system survey rehash

Currently there's an in-house system here that dates back to dialup days, so
I've been keeping an eye on the same players as you are.

Plat isn't as difficult as all that for billing.  It has such an antique look
and feel it seems like they are overdue for a rewrite of the front end.  The
only theory I've got is maybe Tucows bought themselves a cow and just wants to
milk it.  I think their ticketing and scheduling module is clunky as all hell.
Just count how many clicks and forms it takes to make a ticket or put something
on the schedule.  I always thought their path to provisioning services was
weird too.  A Rate Group defines billing line items and default services;
service definition defines RADIUS settings; but an admin can override the
service definition on a given customer's rate group so they pay for one service
and actually receive another.  I think the selected service should define both
the billing rate and the RADIUS profile, but maybe that's just me.

Sonar seems very slick and ambitious, and I've been watching their progress
when I can.  I used to wonder if they were biting on too many features at once,
but they seem to keep pushing things out there.