We use Powercode, they ebb and flow. Other than simon who escaped by the
skin of his teeth after murdering the guy before him I think they have
gladiator fights for the lead role because every time a new lead comes in
the last one disappears off the face of the earth. I imagine being in the
office up there looks like something out of mad max.

But overall, its a satisfying product, the inventory component is
absolutely useless, but the rest is pretty reliable. Customers like the
feel of the portal interface, I would prefer we had the ability to
manipulate it more, but I also want my own pony named Miguel.
Support responsiveness is normally pretty good, occasionally it gets meh,
but I think you have that with any company depending on the work load.

What I do like about it, is that I dont have to know much to manage it, The
server build is down to a cut and past CLI job if it needs rebuilt. It
performs well in a decent VM host.

It really appears they are moving away from user driven development (there
used to be constant interaction) toward more of a programmed development
cycle, which is good and bad, but mostly a positive move.

It would be nice if they had clean IPAM, i still have a set of excel
spreadsheets for master subnet documentation, but I dont think there is
such a beast in IPAM that would satisfy everyone.

The ticketing system became super useful once they added external email
accounts, it allowed us to decommission a secondary ticketing system. Its
only good for our ISP side, not our contract services side however because
it doesnt offer clean time tracking or multiple tech separation

My boss is very frugal when it comes to anything that generates a recurring
cost, and he sees Powercode as a beneficial recurring cost, so that does
say something about the product.

I cuss them every couple months over something or other, its usually 50/50
whether its something I screwed up, or a bug in their system, but it always
gets resolved. We have an ongoing issue with email fetching that happens,
but they gave me a cli tool to resolve it, and its caused by something
external and outside their control, so I cant hold it against them.

There is currently no way to easily reset the tracking metrics on tickets
and times, but thats no deal breaker, they will eventually clean it up.

If youre looking for actual inventory management with any type of
valuation, its definetly not the product. Azotel had that when we were
looking into them, and I think you could tie in crystal reports to get some
really amazing data, but it seems like Azotel went to sleep