From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:29 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cambium 450d

Well, reflector dishes have their merits.  I have upgraded from Trango, FSK,
430, 450 sometimes twice by just popping a new radio into the existing dish.  I
have changed frequencies.  You can bring one radio for use as standalone
“integrated” or if you don’t get the numbers you want, pop on a CLIP or use the
same radio with a reflector dish.  It also reduces the number of spares you
need to keep in the truck for repairs.  Another advantage over many of the
integrated dish solutions is the mount provides independent adjustments for
elevation and azimuth, which lends itself to better alignment, and reduces the
need to hire 3-handed installers (or monkeys with prehensile tails).

Visually, one may look better to some, but the eye is so used to seeing
satellite dishes that one more reflector dish goes unnoticed.