We don't get monetary credit. Just kWh credit and if you are a net producer you lose all your credits each March so no incentive to overbuild.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Prince
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 12:01 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Tesla

Not here.

In California, grid-tied solar buys electricity from the grid (when the
site needs it) at retail prices, but sells it back to the grid at
wholesale prices (when generating).

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 3/20/2017 10:58 AM, Paul Stewart wrote:
I’d have to double check the exact amount but here in Ontario, the power you sell back at something like 90 cents Kwh … very inflated to encourage more people to generate their own power and sell it back to the “system” - in my opinion it’s driven the price of purchasing/consuming power artificially high as well … real problem here….