I completely agree with you on all those points josh.  It's a stupid thing
to do for many reasons, but being illegal is not one of those reasons.

I'm not picking a fight, just trying to clear the air about the legalities
in regards to DPI rules to block or throttle a traffic type (such as
VPN/SSL).  a lot of folks don't understand that "reasonable network
management" is protected by the FCC NN rules.

-sean