thus the expression "seeing red"

When I was younger and doing lots of beer drinking, I was way to quick to start a punch fest. I am probably still that way but I take great care to avoid situations where I find out.

I hope your (wife, exwife)  came to regret her actions.

-----Original Message----- From: Robert
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:38 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] SOP Outside Crew Protection / Confrontation Mitigation.

I came home early from a sailboat race when I was 36.   We finished
early and I came home a day early and found my wife in my back yard with
another dude.   That moment when I saw them my vision shrunk down to a
small red circle.   Seriously I am not kidding, vision all red with a 3
foot circle that I could see them in.   I put my fist through two
coverings of sheet rock ( luckily missed the stud ) and let go a truly
primal scream that had them running from the backyard.   I was very
lucky I wasn't carrying or I would have tested the laws of CA and
probably would be still in jail to this day.   Temporary insanity is
real.  I consider myself a darn rational, thinking man.   But be careful
out there because there is an animal lurking in all of us.  Don't test
the legal system unless you have very deep pockets, in which case you
will walk the streets without a problem.   Judges are fickle and the
legal system is more so.