https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=827g9r0Sqds

----- Original Message -----

From: "Simon Westlake" <simon@sonar.software>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:54:27 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Content filtering - Trustwave

HTTPS content filtering should be easy, assuming they have a database of sites
to filter, and they're not doing it on the fly. For TLS <= 1.2 at least, you
can use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication to get the
hostname that the client is attempting to connect to.

Last I read, TLS 1.3 is encrypting/getting rid of SNI, which means if/when TLS
1.3 comes into play, all bets may be off. I think Procera is looking into
things like machine learning and DNS inspection to try to deal with this, but
it is a constant back and forth.