On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 2:07 PM John Rose <johnr...@polyplexic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at 12:44 PM, James Bowery wrote:
>
> At _that_ point, the "political" factions will, in fact, be the scientific
> faction and the morons.
>
> Guess who wins?
>

> If morons control the debt-based fiat currency they will win since they
> can capture perception and they can capture science. This is what happened
> with the covid injections. Perception is truth.

Just more counsel of despair.  The natural attitude
<https://www.saybrook.edu/unbound/phenomenology/> toward perception is that
it is truth. The transcendental attitude subjects one's own perceptual
machinery (including measurement instruments) to modeling and it is _this_
that is the foundation of *natural **science*.

Sure, you'll have marching morons overpowering the scientific community --
and the marching morons willf frequently be carrying placards saying "Trust
The Science" as they crush any opposition. And, sure, they will have been
the creatures of the guys who control the the incentives these animals are
reinforced by via the dispensation of civilization's positive network
externalities in the form of fiat currency issuance.  We see that all over
the place.

But these are all subjects obscured by the long history of the social
sciences being crippled by denial of the algorithmic information criterion
for causal model selection.

So the folks engaging in counsels of despair here are, in fact, operating
as the agents of the morons -- including the meta-morons creating incentive
structures that self-organize marches that we must all "Trust The Science!"